7.3 fuel mileage question

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dzl_x_4x4 said:
Have ya' tried washing the motor? I think that the "FOO-FOO" package costs you 3-4MPG's.:roflmao

I betcha' haven't changed your driving habits, do you pass cars now you couldn't have passed before? There is your answer!:burnit

If you got those numbers at the Rallye those are "Beer Adjusted" MPG's. It is a different numbering system all together. :D I am sure my mileage goes up after a few cold "1's".

I'm not washing the motor. That gunk is what keeps my junk together. I'm not gonna take a chance on moisture making my IDM act funny. I don't want to walk home from Oklahoma :roflmao

Maybe, but I keep a spreadsheet of consumption and it hasn't changed since day one. I was hoping to see some improvement.

This is by far the most reasonable explanation. Brett, you have the kind of insight that I admire. I start to believe my overhead after a few myself...:roflmao

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
bartman said:
I'm not washing the motor. That gunk is what keeps my junk together. I'm not gonna take a chance on moisture making my IDM act funny. I don't want to walk home from Oklahoma :roflmao

Maybe, but I keep a spreadsheet of consumption and it hasn't changed since day one. I was hoping to see some improvement.

This is by far the most reasonable explanation. Brett, you have the kind of insight that I admire. I start to believe my overhead after a few myself...:roflmao

1 of 2 reasons

bartman said:
Maybe, but I keep a spreadsheet of consumption and it hasn't changed since day one. I was hoping to see some improvement
Bartman, if the spreadsheet hasn't changed since day 1, there is the problem. You must put the new numbers in the spreadsheet for it to change F9 will refresh the calculations my kids say....:hail JUST KIDDING, Grandpa:drive !

I re-call you said you drive up-hill into the wind both ways to work and home. Plus the addition you drive a 500ft above sea-level. Those guys are cheating! they are at 3K/7K there is less gravity and they are probably driving home downhill with the wind at their backs both directions:thumbs . See a little science go's along way. :roflmao Just kidding!!!

You open for any Mods/Maintenance. I am finally in a position to work on the trucks again. We can check my running boards and see if they fit or look good on the truck? PM Me:p we can setup a date and place, maybe others are interested with colder weather coming soon.:freezing

DZL_X_4x4
:burnit

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL! As far as mods go, I still have the stupid WW that needs to go on. I was thinking of doing another mod day at my house within the next month to 6 weeks. The weather today is gorgeous. Perfect, acually.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg