7.3 injector cup/sleeve help?????

bigblack250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one of my injector cups pulled out when i took an injector out to replace, how do i go about putting a new cup/sleeve in????

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:SDD bigblack250. What do you drive?? Fill out your signature so we can better help you. Go to the USER CP in the Blue Line above and fill it out.

Dave

DR.Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you need to buy a new cup.clean the matting surfaces with brake clean.put red thread lock on the outide of the cup and use a old injector to drive it inl.dont forget to remove the glowplug and crank the engine over to blow out the coolant out of the cylinder.hope this helps.i have the remover and installer for the job.i hope the used injector will work.

bigblack250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, thanks, ive got a new one but i already sent my core injectors in so i dont have one but i guess im gunna try to make one out of a wood dowel or somthing

Bad Night

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know about wood , what if it splinters and some goes into the cylinder . Would a brass drive work better ? Just a thaught . Anyone else have any input on this ?

bigblack250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brass might damage it, i can put a little piece of rag or some thing in it so nothing falls in, but i think the idea is to get some thing the same shape as the injector

Bad Night

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea , I was thinking somthing close in shape . Never had to replace the cups though so I'm not much help , just know you dont want anthing in the cylinder . Wonder how much the tool is and where you get one . Snap On or somewhere like that probably .

bigblack250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, my heart skipped a few beats when i pulled the injector out and it had extra parts on it =( lol, the tool comes in a kit and i belive theyre pretty expensive

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58