7.3 List of Codes...............

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Going to get a buddy to read the codes on my truck tomorrow. Does anyone have a list of trouble codes that I can refer to???

Tbar

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Ok...............pulled the codes tonight with the help of Rtxcoon.

History

Came up with the following:

P0743 Torque Convertor (expected.........t/c switch)
P1210 ICP (expected, performance chip)
PO541 Intake heater (expected..........AIH delete)

P0344 CPS (Not sure about this. 1st time it died I replaced it with an old CPS I had. Two days later it died and I replaced it with a new one...............and it died again the next day)

P0232 Fuel pump secondary circuit high (Not sure about this one. Might be related to the performance chip)

Pulled the perfomance chip yesterday evening and it ran fine today, but...........I can't stand the way it drives so back in goes the chip.

What do y'all think???

Tbar

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the o344 CPS code could be a bad connector on the CPS, and not the CPS itself. Check for corrosion, spread connectors inside the plug.

I did a google on your o232 and found this:
"This test fails when the PCM detects voltage on the FPM circuit while the fuewl pump is commanded OFF. The FPM circuit is wired to a pull-up voltage inside the PCM.

Possible causes:

1. Inertia Fuel Shutoff ( IFS ) switch not reset or electrically open.
2. Open circuit between the Fuel pump and the FPM connection to the FP PWR circuit.
3. Poor FP ground.
4. FP electrically open
5. FP relay contact always closed.
6. FP secondary circuits short to power
7. Open FPM circuit between PCM and connection to FP PWR circuit.
8. Damaged low speed FP Relay
9. Damaged PCM

A continuous memory P0232 can be set if the IFS switch was tripped, then reset. Or if the FP circuit is activated when the PCM expected it to be off."

So based on that, it sounds like perhaps your "dead truck" issues might be fuel pump related.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Well the problem got worse Friday. It I would get a slight miss then about 30 seconds later the engine knocked hard and quit. Did that several times.

Today I changed the secondary fuel filter, cleaned and tightend the CPS contacts and lubed them.

Then went over to a friends's house and got him to read the codes again hoping to narrow it down between the CPS and the fuel pump codes I got last time. Didn't get either one. Instead I got a P0603 code.

We tightend the bolt on the wire harness going to the PCM as it seemed quite loose. Also tighted the other harness bolts in the firewall while we were at it.

I am startin to get pissed :confused: :(

Tbar

Last edited:

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
p0603 is normal if the batteries have been disconnected, or a programmer has been installed/removed.

A noisy engine could be from low fuel pressure, or air in the fuel lines. The infamous "7.3 cackle" is blamed on low fuel pressure on the number 8 cylinder compared to the rest of the cylinders.

I'd be checking fuel pressure.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
p0603 is normal if the batteries have been disconnected, or a programmer has been installed/removed.

A noisy engine could be from low fuel pressure, or air in the fuel lines. The infamous "7.3 cackle" is blamed on low fuel pressure on the number 8 cylinder compared to the rest of the cylinders.

I'd be checking fuel pressure.

Hummm............I check the fuel pressure this morning and was suprised that it was at 80psi on cold start up in 63 degree ambiant temp. I have never seen it that high. I have it set at 68-70psi. I have not checked the pressure again after the truck was warm.

Tbar

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Stumbled again Sunday morning but did not shut down. I had a fuel pressure gauge plumbed up to the windshield where I could watch it and it did not move.

Next time it happens I will pull the chip............I am going to hate that.

Tbar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58