7.3 power mod question...

Nautorious1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If I install a 200 cfm electric blower inline between my air filter and turbo intake, will I see any significant power gains without destroying my engine? Is it worth the trouble? Anyone tried this or knows enough about it to tell me i'm crazy.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
The intake restriction is within the filter itself. A good free flowing (not K&N) filter is what you need. 200cfm is nothing to these engines. I think the AFE stock replacement filters are rated for around 1000cfm. The fan would just get in the way (or sucked into the turbo)

Nautorious1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
7.3 Power Mod's.

Good point. I have a K&N now and have modified my air box to allow more flow into the air bow with a 3.5 inch hose that takes cold air from under the truck. What air filter would you recommend?

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out the Wiki. Look for the large conical air filter. Often referred to as the Tymar mod. Flows alot of air for alot less than a fancy intake kit. Alot cheaper to.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AFE is my bet. You want good filtration, not just a piece of paper and a big hole. The trick with AFE and others is that they are engineered to provide superior filtration compared to stock, without the pressure losses (and resulting airflow reductions).

Think about it this way, what is the purpose of your turbo? It is just exactly what you're trying to do with your fan, right? Don't sacrifice losing filtration!

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
If I install a 200 cfm electric blower inline between my air filter and turbo intake, will I see any significant power gains without destroying my engine? Is it worth the trouble? Anyone tried this or knows enough about it to tell me i'm crazy.

you're talking one of these and yes, you're crazy.
-edit-
NO, do NOT put one of these on in place of a proper Zoodad mod.. You'll waste your money and annoy Zoodad

here's how it's done Bama Zoodad

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14