7.3 Powerstroke Diesel Down!

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
We have a 2002 F-350 that crapped out in an intersection yesterday WITH a horse trailer hooked on. It appears to be something in the throttle/fuel system. Motor will start and idle but no response when skinny pedel is pushed, as if it were disconnected, and no guage activation. Guage fuse is intact???? Ideas?:censored:

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
TPS - Throttle Position Sensor. Its not unusual for these to go south.

Call one of our sponsors and order a new one. When it comes in R & R the skinny pedal.

Tbar

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The Throttle Position Sensor went out on our 2002 as well,just required a stop at the dealer for the assembly:sweet

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Check your fuses. When installing my gauges I popped a fuse, don't remember which one. Truck would start but throttle pedal was dead.

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
Well, our poor old 7.3 is back on the road. It was not the TPS. One of our drivers poped a fuse a few weeks ago (10 amp) and promptly replaced it with a 30 amp!!! It ran for a while then the fuse board, that is sandwiched, fin1ally started to meltdown. I traced the electrical problem to the "Tow/Haul" button on column. The two wires that lead to button had rubbed together so many times over the last 80,000 miles that the jackets were wore off and the two exposed wires had shorted against the steel frame work in the column and -POOF-!! Thanks to all for your help and input.:thanks

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Well, our poor old 7.3 is back on the road. It was not the TPS. One of our drivers poped a fuse a few weeks ago (10 amp) and promptly replaced it with a 30 amp!!! It ran for a while then the fuse board, that is sandwiched, fin1ally started to meltdown. I traced the electrical problem to the "Tow/Haul" button on column. The two wires that lead to button had rubbed together so many times over the last 80,000 miles that the jackets were wore off and the two exposed wires had shorted against the steel frame work in the column and -POOF-!! Thanks to all for your help and input.:thanks

WOW!!! :eek:

Well, at least ya got it running again :sweet

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score

And there's your proof not to put a larger fuse were it should not be. Or else other problems may arise. Glad you got her figured out.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14