Question 7.3 PSD(4 in. Down Pipe Install and Performance Gain

Racinghcr

Racinghcr
Reaction score
Has anyone added a larger -4 inch Down Pipe to their 7.3 PSD's ? I have a straight pipe on my 2011 F-350 Lariat SuperCab which works Great--Is a MBRP 4 inch down Pipe going to help?? Is it as tough an install as it immediately appears? THANKS for any help!

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Unless you have some other mods like a chip, you likely will not see any difference with a 4" downpipe vs the stock 3 1/2".

The stock one is sufficient for stock, unmodded motors. But if you start doing things to the motor like tuning, intake injectors or bugger HPOP, the 3 1/2" pipe becomes a choke point.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone added a larger -4 inch Down Pipe to their 7.3 PSD's ? I have a straight pipe on my 2011 F-350 Lariat SuperCab which works Great--Is a MBRP 4 inch down Pipe going to help?? Is it as tough an install as it immediately appears? THANKS for any help!

Unless you have some other mods like a chip, you likely will not see any difference with a 4" downpipe vs the stock 3 1/2".

The stock one is sufficient for stock, unmodded motors. But if you start doing things to the motor like tuning, intake injectors or bugger HPOP, the 3 1/2" pipe becomes a choke point.

What Kent said.. X2

Joe

Racinghcr

Racinghcr
Reaction score
Thanks Big Joe---guess the 3 1/2 inch factory down pipe will not help my addition of a 4 inch exhaust system (from down pipe back) after all! I heard the fire wall most be altered (beaten with a hammer!) anyway--I surely wouldn't do that! Thanks again Joe!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14