7.3 runs bad no power

RArmer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The tank has 36 gallons of diesel and the filter has been in use since new with cleanings every month. What are the UVC conecters. The earliest I will be able to get codes is fri. if the dealership can get me in plus the $60 fee they charge to get it in the door.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
This link HERE goes to another thread where a person had problems that ended up being the UVC connectors. Might be a similar situation like what the OP has.

RArmer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So I need to pull the valve covers to check the uvc. If I can get it on a code reader what code should come up for whitch problems.

Just so everybody knows this is the first diesel I have owned but I have been building classic cars and trucks for 25 years. I am pretty good with a wrench but know nothing about these advanced diesels all I have worked on were old farm and industial equipment. Sorry if I seem to be a dipstick.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There is no one code for UVC wires. If you look at the SDD WIKI Technical Articles on the top BLUE LINE, and click on the article named Diagnostic Trouble Codes, you will see the hundreds of various codes for the truck.

Dave

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
UVC Harness

There will be codes for the harness being unplugged, they are Cyl#? circuit open/shorted or high to low side shorted, open codes because the A/C current is not returning to the IDM. They will be for either cylinders 2,4,6,8 or 1,3,5,7. depending on which side has shaken loose. Your best bet is to check the harness be removing the valve covers, Ford and International sell the clips that repair this problem, if you notice a gap between the 2 halfs of the connector then there you go, if not then you have another concern involving electronic components which will need to have the codes checked.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You can find the DTC's in the WIkI Technical Articles in the TOP BLUE LINE above. Look for the DTC article and they are all listed.

Dave :)

JRJ04

Reaction score
I saw none of those codes in the list, so I always trust google. I dont believe that we are working with a complete list and there are many additions that need to be made to it.

So, here's what they mean (google is a powerful tool):

P1316 - Codes have been stored in the IDM. This does not mean the IDM is bad. You need to run an injector buzz test and others associated with the IDM to see whats going on. You'll probably get more codes.

P1247 - Low turbo boost. Check and make sure you've got all of the boots on your turbo clean and tight. You could be blowing off a lot of pressure because of a cracked/weak boot.

P1212 - ICP voltage lower/higher than expected. Check your ICP sensor and Pigtail harness plugged into it. If its soaked in oil, replace both of them. You can pick it up pretty cheap at your international dealership.

Let us know if you need more help!

RArmer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Need more info than just what the codes are, is there a way to check if the ICP is bad or just needs the wires traced (if so where is it). Will the p1212 code cause the 1247 and 1306 codes. Basically what do I do on the truck now. The dealers around me are way over priced and just thruw parts at problems at my cost.:dunno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya