7.3L Dies even with new CPS

House13

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had my truck die on me for the first time the other day in really hot weather and got the infamous P0340 code. Changed the CPS and it didn't fire on the first try, but did the second. (One hour after it originally dying). Ran fine for a week on the new CPS. Saturday, driving in 112 degree heat (with wife and baby) it dies again. This time I get the P0340 CPS code AGAIN, along with a P0603 Keep Alive Memory Error code. I try a multitude of things to no avail. Just over 1 hour later it fires. Made it two miles and died again. This time it is just the Keep Alive Memory code. One hour it started and has not died since.2.5 hours sitting in 112 degree weather with a baby SUCKS, and I don't want it to happen again... It really seems like there is a processor getting hot or overloaded and it takes one hour to reset.? Any ideas?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
KAM error.... do you have a tuner installed?

CPS 0340, you wont always get this code when the CPS fails. I hate to say it, but you may have another faulty CPS.

House13

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yes, I was reading the codes with a Superchips Programmer.

I figured that it probably wasn't a coincidence that P0340 showed up again...
Is it heard of to get a brand new faulty one?
Unfortunately I will probably never trust my beloved truck again! :(

House13

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, I got the dealer to warrant the new one I just put in there last week.
Lucky for that I guess. All I know is this POS better not die again!
-mad

CKyle494

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope that fixes your problem, but I had 2 cps in and still died and spend 45 min starting, wasn't as hot but did have my 2 year old in there. I got really angry at the thing when I had to change one cps in the middle of Target parking lot so I came home and read and listened to everyone and got a FORD OEM CPS.....AND.....a ICP sensor, I can say luckily to this date 2 weeks later that I haven't had a problem....THANK THE LORD.......just my experence.:hail

House13

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I may change that too just for safe keeping...

jguzman75

McAllen, Texas
Reaction score
I have already change the CPS and keep one in the glove box as a spare. What is the ICP sensor, what does it control?

CKyle494

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Injection Control Pressure (ICP) Sensor. Some one other than me can explain what it does. I think it checks the fuel pressure for the injectors and relays the info to the computer and somehow is in cahoots with the CPS. Just a guess.:dunno But I changed mine along with my CPS (after I had 2 other CPS' in, the blue ones) and got mine off EBAY for a decent price.

House13

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, had another one take a dump on me. Thrilling. Had a spare, swapped it out, and running again. Also changed out my Glow Plug Controller Module since it was throwing that code also. Maybe that is what was killing the CPS? Do they have anything to do with each other?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14