7.3L Powerstroke Large Oil Leaks Repair

makuloco2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In this video I go over a common oil leak on the 7.3L. It is one that is often misdiagnosed at least initially as all other oil seepages on the engine go right past this one on their way out the engine valley and down the backside of the engine collecting on the bellhousing. If you have a good oil leak on your 7.3l this would be a good place to start. There is a updated part to resolve the issue and a special Loctite needed and I go over all of that too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxYHPNrrBiU

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;tu Good Vid and Real Good alt. R&R method using the ratchet wrench with the socket ;tu

My kind'a Wrench'n.

Sure Beats have'n ta buy FOMOCO/IH special tool #BFD-***-***-RPO-6A For one time fix. :D:cool:

Joe

xtrahappy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
That was very interesting! Wished I`d seen it a few months ago. Would have saved some skin on knuckles. It`s a real good video, enjoyed it. Thanks!!!

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
what is the part number of the updated plug you mention in the video? I just noticed a decent oil leak on mine and figured this is a good place to start.

makuloco2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is the part number of the updated plug you mention in the video? I just noticed a decent oil leak on mine and figured this is a good place to start.
End Rail Plug Part # 4C3Z-6026-CA
Loctite #277 on the threads.
Torque Plug to 60 ft lbs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64