71 hours, 43 minutes

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
without power due to ice storm..

generator hatched the motor (Tecumseh) about 2 hours in.. the death of which wiped out something in the furnace controller..

so another night without heat..

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i had no idea it got that bad up there?

hopefully you got heat by now ;tu

and here i am am barefoot on the porch

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We Didn't get much ice south of three rivers. But we got 6 inches of snow on top of the coating of ice we did get. Was a mess.
Hope the lights are working by now last i heard it was suspto be back around thursday up there.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
no heat yet
4* above this morning..
I bailed to the barn/shop about 4am.. 54* in the barn beats 33* in the house. Threw a lawn chair in the back of the truck and slept there..
wife is working 3rds, and they only had one patient last night..
each of the kids went to one of my sisters' last night after chores..

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Dang that sucks. Looks like its time to upgrade generators WITHOUT a tecumseh. I work on lots of tec's and IMO they are junk. Cheap. B&S is better but if you can find a used kawasaki or honda you would be better off. :sweet.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no heat yet
4* above this morning..
I bailed to the barn/shop about 4am.. 54* in the barn beats 33* in the house. Threw a lawn chair in the back of the truck and slept there..
wife is working 3rds, and they only had one patient last night..
each of the kids went to one of my sisters' last night after chores..

WOW JL :eek::eek:

Obviously no Wood stove or Fireplace ?? Maybe a new Gen-Set is coming soon ??

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
WOW JL :eek::eek:

Obviously no Wood stove or Fireplace ?? Maybe a new Gen-Set is coming soon ??
The house we moved out of to live here has a Kalamazoo stove and a gas fireplace in the basement..

We did some renovation here last spring, and found the bricked-over hole in the chimney where a wood stove was at one time.. should have tripped the lamp on, but wasn't thinking about it.

I bought a power inverter for the truck, that's how I was keeping the stock tanks de-iced.. running over to Mom & Dad's with a couple of 50 gallon plastic barrels for fresh water..

There is a wood burner over at Dad's, but it's an add-on unit that uses a small snail blower to pump hot air into the existing bonnet.. was thinking last spring about putting that in the barn and ditching the propane ceiling unit..

dunno what I'm gonna do about the generator.. could just get a new powerplant for the one I've got, but it's only 5500 watts.. to run both the well pump and the heating unit, I need closer to 8K.. thinking about just saying f*** it and going 10,500 and hardwiring it behind an isolator.

Cost me $136. for the guy to come out and put in a $30. part.. gotta get a service manual for that..

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
We have a 13.5k generator on a Farmall super H but I would be going for barrels of gas if I had to run it for days. Hope your power is back on and no pipes broke.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Get a diesel genset that puts out about 10K watts. Hard wire it to a transfer switch and your worries are gone. I had a 8.5KW genset hooked up to my house in the Bay Area. I do not have anything here, yet. I will and soon.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg