8 inch lift

chris o.

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
about to do an 8 inch lift on my 02 4 door 4x4 f-350 long bed 7.3. has anyone had to do any drive line mods?

Reaction score
well you'll have to drop the carrier bearing to prevent vibrations. The kit should come with a front drive shaft spacer too.

Red Monkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine did that to his truck. After he drove it a while he wishes he had keep it stock or went with a 2 inch lift.!! Fuel milage went way down and the ride went south...
Good luck!

chris o.

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
well you'll have to drop the carrier bearing to prevent vibrations. The kit should come with a front drive shaft spacer too.

thanks for the reply! thats all my friend did. but i asked some custom shops and they said posibly have to lengthen and cv.... havent heard of anyone having to do this.

kjdavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 8" superlift on my 02 cc sb F350. I didnt have to lenthen any of the driveshafts, but I probably should do the front. With the rear, Im fighting driveline vibes and cant seem to get it right with the carrier bearing drop. Im hearing from several people that they say dont mess with it, just do a 1 piece driveline and be done with it.

motoxfreak

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
lift

I have an 8 on my truck and I love it. I used the drop for the carrier bearing that came with the kit and it worked perfectly. I have not had any vibration from the carrier bearing. I have had it on for about 70K miles without incident. If you are going with much larger tires, the best thing I have spent my money on to date is the gears. I am back on the highways turning about 2200 RPM and it will give you back the power you lose with the big tires.

Last edited:

bigdave461

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
all u have to do is do the shim kit for the carrier bearing and it will be fine u may have to add a shim or too to it to get it right though

Last edited:

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I originally installed a 8" skyjacker 'softride' lift (all spring) in my truck and it rode far better than it ever did stock. Later on I wan't to go bigger and installed procomp's 2" shackle and hanger kit. I got lucky with 8" of lift and had no vibes at all. I shimmed my carrier bearing down 2 1/2" with a piece of square tubing (for the strength factor) and used some long 1/2" grade 8 bolts to hold everything in place. I also didn't have any problems with my front shaft but it was at it's limit. After I installed the shackle and hanger kit I did have to have the rear driveshaft lengthened (just the rear section) and also install a front driveshaft spacer which I also got from procomp.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58