Question 94 F450 E Brake Pads Needed

MrTailLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, i need some brake pads for my 1994 F450. this is in the unit that is on the back of the transmission. this truck has the 5 speed, 2WD.

Where is the best place to buy them besides OEM.....i think that Ford is a bit proud of them with there price.

thanks,
Steve
419-210-0438

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ford or used only!!!!cant be rebuilt either except by ford.unless you have a connection at a ford dealer they wont even sell you the drum for it.

check ebay.i got a brand new ford one for 650.00 off there for mine

MrTailLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the heads up! i was about to order the pads and install them in the drum but Ford wanted $280 or so for them.....i think a bit high.

Can they be rebuilt with minimal ease?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
Can they be rebuilt with minimal ease?

no.everything is balanced as a unityou put a nut in the wrong place or the drum in the wrong position it will wipe out the bearings.it is a nonuser servicable part.i did mine 5 times before i finaly got a brand new unit off ebay

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
also all the bearings and races are pressed together.i have a used one that i broke the ear off of where the ebrake cable goes into.i think i still have the piece if you know a welder that can fix it.

MrTailLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well it looks like i need to come off the cash and buy the unit. i hate to spend it but i need it. thanks for all your information, it was very helpful!

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
no problem.there alot of guys here that know thier stuff about the fords but few that know much about the superduty cuz the whole chassis and most of the drivetrain is different than a regular pickup

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14