96 chugging fuel pump ?

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I thought I had a plugged filter as it was starting to chug like it does when the filter gets plugged so I changed the filter and it ran good but not great for about a mile then it went back to chugging. I have been known to run some fuel additives of the veggie kind but I had already been running on this tank for a few days so I can't beleive it all of a sudden decided to be dirty fuel to plug up my new filter in a mile when it took a few days to plug up the old filter if thats the problem. I think its the fuel pump I checked the fuel preasure with a tire preasure gauge and idleing it had about 50psi took a couple seconds to get there though. So I took it down the road till it started chugging and pulled into a drive way popped the hood and check the fuel preasure again and no preasure took about 3-4 minutes idleing before it started to build preasure. So I ran it back home and as it started chugging I pulled in and took the filter lid off and the bowl was fuel of fuel so I'm thinking the high preasure side of the pump has gone bad this sound reasonable to the rest of ya?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I have been known to run some fuel additives of the veggie kind.

Could very well be the fuel pump but I have to ask just what kind of sludge are you putting in the tank? I have heard reports of vegi-oil type stuff clogging up the fuel selector valve, pick-up tube and fuel lines. If the valve or lines are clogged a new fuel pump isn't going to help.

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could very well be the fuel pump but I have to ask just what kind of sludge are you putting in the tank? I have heard reports of vegi-oil type stuff clogging up the fuel selector valve, pick-up tube and fuel lines. If the valve or lines are clogged a new fuel pump isn't going to help.

LOL no sludge just filtered clean vo. It was the pump I replaced it today and it runs better then when I bought it. I always thought it was a big turd it idled ok and took off good but had no top end power. I would have to downshift where my brothers truck with similar drivetrain would pull it in 5th but now it feels way better then ever ;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14