'96 CrewCab F250 UPDATES House of Diesel

houseofdiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well this will be my thread for update on the '96 CrewCab Shortbed. I've had an ORU (Off Raod Unlimited) shackle reversal kit for about a year now to add to the Dana 60 in the front but just haven't had time to throw it on yet. So we finally threw it on Monday night and man I should have done this a long time ago. These things beat the piss out of ya with the leaf attached to the frame right under the foot board. Don't have everything else done as far shocks, rear springs, or swaybar extensions yet, but ordered yesterday Bilstein 5100 Shocks and Skyjacker 6" lift soft ride leafs and swaybar extensions for the front. I', planning on running the rears with no blocks to keep it as low as possible. I'll have updates after this weekend.

RedLabelBuild62910013.jpg

RedLabelBuild62910020.jpg

RedLabelBuild62910024.jpg

RedLabelBuild62910025.jpg

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
how much clearance do you have between the side of the spring wrap on the rear shackle? I used Sky's shackles and had to trim the sides of my springs for clearance.

houseofdiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
how much clearance do you have between the side of the spring wrap on the rear shackle? I used Sky's shackles and had to trim the sides of my springs for clearance.

Looks like you got the OE wheels on. That's probably the problem. These are 4.5 backspacing 10" wide wheels. It set them off perfectly for a max of 37x12.5 tire.

Just finished the rear and sway bar extensions before last weekends event in Redding so all I've had time upload so far is this cool video, but it came out perfect with a 6" lift soft ride spring and removing the rear stop block.

YouTube - 96 Powerstroke Burnout by House of Diesel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58