97 dashboard

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
is there a specific way to pull the dash trim to acess the gauge lightbulbs? I tried pulling and got the top side to pop off but the bottom seems to be connected (maybe the vents) and I dont want to break anything.

Fine69

Reaction score
On either side of your steering wheel, you have a horizontal plastic trim piece. Gently pry those off each side, and you will see a small screw on each side. Take out those 2 screws, and the dash will come apart.

BLUKTY

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I took my dash apart a couple of years ago for the same reason. It was pretty straight forward, and I don't recall any special tricks once it is unbolted and the headlamp knob is removed. I replaced all of the bulbs while I had it apart and I used some long life bulbs so if I am lucky, I won't have to do it again. I think Sylvania makes the bulbs. It is also a great time to clean all of the fine dust off of the guages and from the back side of the dash cover. Pete

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
What find69 said, and you'll have to remove the headlight switch knob. use a small screwdriver(flat blade) and depress the metal tap through the slot in the backside of the knob then pull the knob straight off. If you have an auto you may have to move the shifter to low gear to get the gauge cluster trim out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14