97 F350 sell or rebuild?????

Earnies2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 97 F350 DRW 4x4 with a 9'utility body it has 84,000 miles See my pix.........My problem is that she is starting to rust out. the floors are going on the utility and the front crossmember on the utility needs replacing their are a few broken welds in the utility bed. underneath the cab the rocker pannels have rust the bottom of the fenders and the doors whare the mirrors mount are starting to rust.........I was thinking about a new truck I was thinking about another F350 or maby a dodge 3500 or the other day I saw a STERLING 4500 (MADE BY DODGE) but i was also concidering a new body fenders and doors and rockers (my floors are good) add a new paint job I should be around 5-6 Grand and drive it for another 5 years what do you think ..............:guns: :eek:

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i say keep it,id rather pay 5-6k then 50 k,spend the money and make it exactly how you want,spend alittle more on the engine and tranny and the newer trucks wont have anything on you but a bigger price tag.:sweet

Earnies2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i say keep it,id rather pay 5-6k then 50 k,spend the money and make it exactly how you want,spend alittle more on the engine and tranny and the newer trucks wont have anything on you but a bigger price tag.:sweet

The drive train is mint look at my pix in the last 2 years i spent a tone of money on the truck I'ts just the body thats failing....:dizzy

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go hit up some junk yards and see what you could find. Any amount of work would still be cheaper than buying a new one. I've got an '06 and I'll do the same thing when the body starts rusting out on it.

Earnies2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
REBUILD????

Every body seems to say rebuild.....I'm still getting prices on parts and new trucks.......Heres what i got so far I got a quote from a STERLING dealer for a new STERLING BULLIT 4500 (wich the dealer says it's built by sterling not DODGE....som won lied to him) the quote was for 47,000 dollars for just the cab and chassie....thats not happining..I am also getting quotes from ford and dodge I will update you later on that....The napheid dealer said new doors ,bulkhead,and a tailgate latch and bumper were $1700 + freight...cash and carry so i have to install them....I also got a quote on a new body $4300 with bumper I think that sounds like the better deal....the fenders are cheap $60 the radiatator support the aftermarket only listes F350 Diesel w/o ac I have ac I wonder what is the differance thay also dont list my doors with my mirror mounts the 3 leg low mounts....any advice on the rad support and doors would be appreciated thanks...:dunno

milspark1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Check for your parts at LMC Truck parts. You will still have to install them, but you would be alot better off with rebuilding it than buying a new truck. Heck your engine isn't even barely broke in yet.
I have been rebuilding my '96 F250 with them and my 1960 F100. No problems yet and very happy.

Earnies2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LMC

Great catologs I just orded mine Quick update truck going into shop for a trany rebuild started shifting funny and it was kicking out of drive and reverse The tranny is 2 years old that is about its life expectancy with a fully loaded utility body and the plowing and sander dont help....The unit had to come out any way becaus it needed a fly wheel so while its out it should be rebuilt..........:dizzy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14