Question '97 PSD MPG's

Discussion in '94-97 PowerStroke Engine, Drivetrain & Chassis' started by diesel patriot, May 30, 2008.

1. diesel patriot

diesel patriot SDD Junior Member

His current tire size is only one size larger than factory. It probably increased his mpg numbers a little. I do know he drives sensible (coasts hills, steady take offs, etc...) I was still wondering if there is a programmer out here that would help with a few more mpg's? I figured someone has probably tried one. I know his #'s are good but just want to see if they can get better.

2. DA-HEAT

DA-HEAT The First Stroker

I tried everything to increase my mileage and nothing seemed to help. I added 3" downpipe, 4inch exhaust, good air filtration system, and a T. Wildman chip with an economy tune which was suppose to work great. The only difference is the amazing amounts of power I have gotten:sly Before bonestock the truck averaged 17-17.5, now after all the mods and on economy tune I average 18, I don't think that is too bad considering it is a 4 door dually with zf5 and 4.10 gears, but if only for fuel economy save the money and just drive easy as possible.

3. Paul H

Paul H SDD Junior Member

95- 97 PDS has a fuel mile sweet spot at about 2000 RPM

My old 96 with tymar intake and 5" stacks with a custom Tony Wildman burn for HP gets on average 17 to 18 MPG except winter fuel

4. tubzz

tubzz Full Access Member

not on OBS trucks,they are not that smart.all they know to do is go with what ever is behind them

the best i have got out of mine was 19.5 last fall coming back from a race done in arkanasa. i get 15-18 around here depending on who fells lucky and get 10 - 13 with the camper depending on head wind.
    but if he is getting 21-22 out of it i wouldn't do anything to it.just keep up the good work on a good running truck;tu