Question 99 7.3L bogs down @ 1500 rpm

jaysee

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Here's the problem...When my rpms reach 1500 on cold days, the engine starts to bog down and lose power. It goes away when I accelerate. And it doesnt happen during warm weather. Very annoying. Sound familiar ?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the problem...When my rpms reach 1500 on cold days, the engine starts to bog down and lose power. It goes away when I accelerate. And it doesnt happen during warm weather. Very annoying. Sound familiar ?

First off.. WELCOME TO SDD ;tu;tu, Glad yer here.

Tell us a bit more 'bout yer PSD ? Early/Late 99, F=???, Miles, Tranny any Mods :dunno

Last edited:

dmd

Reaction score
Also, define "cold".

Does it do this always when the weather is "cold" or just sometimes?
Does it go away when the engine gets to operating temp?

jaysee

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It started acting up in April. Temps were in the 30's. And it did it every time, regardless of the engine temp.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
...cold days...bogs down....lose power...doesnt happen during warm weather. Very annoying. Sound familiar ?

Yep. EBPV

I'm betting the sensor tube going from the right side exhaust manifold to the Exhaust Back pressure sensor is either plugged with soot, or it has a hole rusted through it.

A quick test would be to when you are having the problem, disconnect the wire connector going to the turbo pedestal EBPV actuator. That will deactivate the EBPV. If the problem goes away, then you'll know its something with the tube or sensor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58