99 f-250 any known problems?

Rio_Grande

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello I am new here. I have researched and looked for about 2 months now and have finnaly found a truck I am planning to buy.

It is :

1999 f-250 superduty. PSD, 4x4, lariatCrew Cab. Truck is much nicer than I wanted for a work truck, but we need a little pampering on occasion.

Price 12500 and tax.

My questions are is there any known problems with the 99's?

And will the truck work for my intended purpose which is pulling a 14000 GVW trailer.

It needs a break controller and a gooseneck hitch.

I am new to the fords upgrading from a 83 chevrolet 6.2 1/2 ton. I am expecting a huge improvement. :thumbs

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
well of course it will work you might wanna get a tranny gauge, pyro gauge, and a deeper tranny pan at bare minimum, they say the 4r100 is a weak tranny, but havent had any problems with it yet. if your towing you might start to hear compressor surge esp if its a late 99 but that what the wicked wheels for.... good luck. there great trucks and can handle the abuse

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Check the maintenance records if you can and have the dealer or a dealer run you an OASIS report to see what has been done by any Ford dealer.

As far as pulling....no problem but get some guages in it ASAP.

Welcome and enjoy your new "work" truck :sweet

Rio_Grande

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
THanks for the replies fellas. I am into it with the bank right now, Got a loan afficer that I had never delt with before and can't say I am too happy about it. It will happen, I just have to jump through some hoops to get it done.

The truck seems like a champ. I just need to get it bought.

Rio_Grande

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well it is sitting in my drive with a half trailer load of scrap steel sitting behind it.

I pulled my small trailer with it today with around 4000lb on it and it was like it wasn't even there.

I am a bit concerned about the fuel economy.

I am used to my old chevrolet not moving off of full untill I run about 100 miles at 62 I am below full by a tick. Maybee this guage is actualy right, hard to say. I am keeping track to check the mielage now.

Rio_Grande

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The info center says I am getting 14.3. Of the 200 miles I put on her in the last two days about35 was without a trailer, and most of that was loaded. So I am not near as concerned now.

Thanks
Jeff

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Rio_Grande said:
The info center says I am getting 14.3. Of the 200 miles I put on her in the last two days about35 was without a trailer, and most of that was loaded. So I am not near as concerned now.

Thanks
Jeff

In regards to fuel milage we generally refer to the overhead info cener as the "lie-oh-meter." Calculate your milage buy hand.

For what is worth you can reset the overhead read out after each fill up buy pushing both buttons at once.

Tbar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14