Help Needed 99 f-350 7.3 powerstroke

redtrucktim

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i was coming down the road and suddenly my truck started acting like it was missing. and finally i just pulled to the side of the road and put it in park and the truck sounded like it was running on 4 cyl.. no lights on dash but code -

po475-exhaust pressure control valve
p1219-cid
p1298-idm fault

can some give me some advice please....

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
first thing that comes to mind would be the UVC harnesses.
I've seen these melt and cause all kinds of problems.

get the truck somewhere you can work on it, and pull both valve covers (it's time consuming, but not difficult), visual inspection should reveal fault...

redtrucktim

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i have had them replaced last year, would you think that the idm is bad.
also, what do p1219 (cid) mean, and where is the idm located on my 99 f-350 truck.

thanks alot

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
what do p1219 (cid) mean.
1219 also has to do with the IDM. With a 1219 code the book says:

KA13 CHECK FOR INTERMITTENT SHORT TO GROUND ON THE CID CIRCUIT 817 (Y/LB)

Key off.
Install breakout box, leave PCM disconnected.
Disconnect IDM.
Check for intermittent short to ground on CID circuit.
Measure resistance on (CID) Circuit 817 (Y/LB) between PCM Test Pin 96 and ground Pins 25, 51, 76, 77, 91 and 103.
Grasp the harness close to the IDM connector. Wiggle, shake the harness while working your way back to the PCM connector, while looking for a spike on the DVOM.

Did readings ever drop below 10,000 ohms throughout procedure?

Yes: REPAIR short to ground on the (CID) Circuit 817 (Y/LB).

No: RESTORE vehicle, TEST-DRIVE. If DTC reappears, REPLACE the IDM. RESTORE vehicle. CLEAR DTCs and RETEST.

Having both the 1298 IDM fault and the 1219 that is either IDM wiring or bad IDM I would almost say that it is a IDM malfunction. Like JL said a melted under cover harness can throw all kinds of codes but it may be the IDM if the harness is OK. Do you know someone with a 7.3 Powerstroke? You could borrow there IDM for 10 seconds too see if it is your problem. Much easier to plug in another IDM for a second than it is to pull the valve covers.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Drivers side inner fender well. I have never pulled one out of a 99-up but I think you have to remove the plastic liner behind the tire to find it. On the OBS trucks it is under the hood out in the open.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Drivers side inner fender well. I have never pulled one out of a 99-up but I think you have to remove the plastic liner behind the tire to find it. On the OBS trucks it is under the hood out in the open.

yeah, it's in a real friggin JEWEL of a spot.. waaayyyy up in the inner fender...
you need to pull the the bolts out of the fender liner and the two in the fender skirt to gain access.. it sucks.

it's not really all that hard, but you need about five hands..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya