A 350 With The 450 Front Axle

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Just goes to show why we love Ford trucks. You never hear about these kind of options with the other trucks out there.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just goes to show why we love Ford trucks. You never hear about these kind of options with the other trucks out there.

Definitely. It also shows that Ford knows that the single I-beam axle is ultimately the best for heavy duty use. It's a pity that they had to ditch this after the '64 F-100/250's and '66 F-350's. Yes the single I-beam gives a rougher ride, but doesn't have nearly the problems of "softer" suspensions. JMHO.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's pretty neat and could be quite lucrative for Ford or the aftermarket. If Ford would re-introduce the Excursion, I can see an ENORMOUS market for them (with the fold-down rear ramp) as a wheelchair-transport/ambulance-type vehicle since you wouldn't need to add any additional lift equipment to get the chair/ambulance cot into the back, just the in-floor hold-down fixtures for the chair/cot. My Father-in-law is in a wheelchair so I'm sort-of more attuned to universal access equipment than I was before and that front-drive F-series is quite intriguing.

Last edited:

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
The new Super Duty also is available with a new Rearview Camera System with a unique rear-view-mirror-mounted display, allowing customers to clearly view objects behind the vehicle in their natural sightlines while reversing. The camera is mounted in the tailgate handle bezel and is activated when the vehicle is shifted into reverse.
I wonder if you can see the trailer ball with the camera? Would be very handy when hooking up :sweet

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I wonder if you can see the trailer ball with the camera? Would be very handy when hooking up :sweet

Hey Crumm, here is page 13 in the newest 2008 Super Duty brochure that all the dealers have.

cameraview.jpg

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I was thinking I need to get one of those until I realized that I can't run the tailgate with my camper on. Guess I will just put my $57k back in my pocket and run the 96' for a few more years. Nice option though :sweet

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
I was thinking I need to get one of those until I realized that I can't run the tailgate with my camper on. Guess I will just put my $57k back in my pocket and run the 96' for a few more years. Nice option though :sweet

:D You can add it to ya 96 ;) many companies make them :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58