A/C mod

RazzyB

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I can still get heat when running MAX A/C after installing dieselsite's control valve...have I connected the vacuum lines incorrectly :dunno ??

CHPMustang

Reaction score
RazzyB said:
I can still get heat when running MAX A/C after installing dieselsite's control valve...have I connected the vacuum lines incorrectly :dunno ??
You should get vacuum on the line going to the heater control valve when you turn it to MAX if not you have a leak inbetween the valve and opposite connection point.

Tripp16

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Check to see if the actuator is working when max ac is selected on the valve you installed. With engine off or with engine running you should be able to push the metal rod down with your fingers. With engine running and max ac selected vacuum should have pulled the rod all the way down. If rod is not down you probably have a vacuum leak or the vacuum hose you ran is possibly pinched or kinked.

RazzyB

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Tripp16 said:
Check to see if the actuator is working when max ac is selected on the valve you installed. With engine off or with engine running you should be able to push the metal rod down with your fingers. With engine running and max ac selected vacuum should have pulled the rod all the way down. If rod is not down you probably have a vacuum leak or the vacuum hose you ran is possibly pinched or kinked.

Thanks Tripp, I'll poke around there this weekend. :sweet

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RazzyB said:

Morn'n Brian, Prolly several ways of doing this mod but I T'd into the >WHITE< vacuum line. I get NO heat from any setting that includes the dash vents. I dont get any heat on Max A/C, maybe you have a kink or a leak. :dunno

Some day, I'm guna go with the 12v operated Ranger valve. It shuts off the heater hose coolant in any setting. You might think about that one ??

Getting heat on MAX A/C would be Dry heat.... good for a damp Seattle morning, maybe ;) :)

Last edited:

BlueMule

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BIG JOE said:
Some day, I'm guna go with the 12v operated Ranger valve. It shuts off the heater hose coolant in any setting. You might think about that one ??

:)

Hey Joe
Do you have a part # for the electric Ranger valve? Or the years that use it. I'm using a vacuum operated valve, but it only shuts off the water in the Maxx A/C position and Id like to use the "vent" with no heat.

TIA

Tripp16

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
*****The information I posted about connecting to the "White vacuum line" was wrong. Sorry for any problems this might have caused*****

The correct information is as follows:

The White vacuum line only supplies vacuum to the valve(shuts water flow off to heater core) in the MAX A/C and OFF positions.

The Red vacuum line supplies vacuum to the valve(shuts water flow off to heater core) in the VENT, A/C, MAX AC and VENT/FLOOR positions.

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
BlueMule said:
Hey Joe
Do you have a part # for the electric Ranger valve? Or the years that use it. I'm using a vacuum operated valve, but it only shuts off the water in the Maxx A/C position and Id like to use the "vent" with no heat.

TIA

Blue,

First off, Welcome to SDD, glad to see you here.:thumbs

Secondly, Baz's site has some instructions, no part numbers but he states

I went to NAPA and asked for the 'hot water shut off valve' from a 1990 Ford Ranger with a 4.0 V-6

and it looks something like this (this particular one is out of a 96 Ranger).

18556MVC-907S-med.JPG

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BlueMule said:
Hey Joe

TIA

Sorry, no I don't. Tparker over on TDS has posted it many times.

AND.... Thanks Tripp16, for trip'n my memory. It's the >WHITE< vacuum line, not the RED that will cut off the heater line in all VENT settings.

Hope I did'nt cause anyone any hassles. :sorry

JOE

DezlWezl

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
BIG JOE said:
Sorry, no I don't. Tparker over on TDS has posted it many times.

AND.... Thanks Tripp16, for trip'n my memory. It's the >WHITE< vacuum line, not the RED that will cut off the heater line in all VENT settings.

Hope I did'nt cause anyone any hassles. :sorry

JOE

What does teeing into the red one cut the water off for? That's the one I have teed into, and I get super-cold air in a/c and max a/c. Vent seems like ambient temp as well. Haven't thought about defrost, etc. but someone posted the instructions on TDS for the red line doint what you guys say the white one does.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14