a/c prob

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
My gf's early 99 7.3 ac system isnt workin good. When you turn it on a/c it defaults to the defrost. We checked the vacuum lines under the dash so far. Anything else we should check? Anything under the hood?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the vac lines under the hood, Pass side, near and around the Vac pump and accumulator... if it's 4wd.. check the lines to the front hubs.

Joe

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Check the vac lines under the hood, Pass side, near and around the Vac pump and accumulator... if it's 4wd.. check the lines to the front hubs.

Joe

Well its got warn hubs on it now. Guess they could have not plugged the lines properly. It was done during the winter time and now since its hot out, ac is needed. I will check that stuff next. Thanks for the heads up Joe!:sweet:hail

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well its got warn hubs on it now. Guess they could have not plugged the lines properly. It was done during the winter time and now since its hot out, ac is needed. I will check that stuff next. Thanks for the heads up Joe!:sweet:hail

;tu

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Im sure glad my ac works great hehe. I got a big trip for a week in CO end of july and the ac is usually runnin non stop. I need to change my front and rear end oils too. What do you usually run in the diffs?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run Red-Line full syn in the dif, Red-Line full syn ATF in my 6 speed.

Li'l pricey but I've run Red-Line synthetics in all my stuff.. for years.. and never had a failure, So i'm inta the: If It Ain't Broke.. Don't Fix It (?)

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I run Red-Line full syn in the dif, Red-Line full syn ATF in my 6 speed.

Li'l pricey but I've run Red-Line synthetics in all my stuff.. for years.. and never had a failure, So i'm inta the: If It Ain't Broke.. Don't Fix It (?)

Ive heard of people usin an additive to the diff oils?

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Well found the prob with the a/c. The vacuum pump was bad. Its supposed to come on when you turn the key on and it fills up the vacuum reservoir. It doesnt do anything. Luckily her truck is the same as mine so I yanked mine off and installed it to her truck and the a/c comes out the dash vents instead of the defrost vents. Is it called a vacuum pump or is it called somethin else?

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
It is called a Vacuum Pump. No fancy names for this device.

Dave :)

Thats what I thought. Gonna have to buy a new one. Wonder wheres the best place to get one or if its gonna be a Ford only part? I need to get the part number.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58