a/c question

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
i have noticed lately that my a/c vent just right of the radio sweats quite a bit... even when the a/c is not on full blast... none of the other vents do this (unless the a/c has been on full blast for awhile).... just wondering if there is some reason why just that one vent sweats all the time..???

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Short answer is 'cuz it's colder, so it causes condensation quicker.

But why is it colder? Maybe it's the closest run from the evaporator, and the other vents have extra length to warm up above the dewpoint temperature. But that is just a guess!

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I wonder if the evaporator drain is clogged, and it's blowing condensation...

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
Short answer is 'cuz it's colder, so it causes condensation quicker.

But why is it colder? Maybe it's the closest run from the evaporator, and the other vents have extra length to warm up above the dewpoint temperature. But that is just a guess!

yeah that is kinda the track i was on lol... but i can't pinpoint why it would be getting colder than the rest... it is weird because it does it no matter what settin the thermo is on (haven't tried anything but the colder settings or the blue part) and what the fan speed is...

I wonder if the evaporator drain is clogged, and it's blowing condensation...

where would i go about looking for this "evaporator drain".. im thinking if i follow the water dripping underneath the truck it will lead to the evaporater drain??

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
where would i go about looking for this "evaporator drain".. im thinking if i follow the water dripping underneath the truck it will lead to the evaporater drain??

if you have water dripping under the truck, the evaporator drain is fine...

does it do it in MAX A/C also?

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
if you have water dripping under the truck, the evaporator drain is fine...

does it do it in MAX A/C also?

yep... the weird thing is that it isn't even that hot right now and i don't even have it blowing all out... it's still just that one vent...

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
well, the textbook answer is:
as well as being a cooler, an air conditioner is also a dehumidifier

so it wouldn't suprise me to have moisture blown on various parts of the ductwork.. it does perplex me that only one vent has condensation on it..

I'm not saying that there is anything "wrong" with it; you'd just think if it was blowing condensate around through the ductwork, you'd have water somewhere else, too..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14