ursus combibo
Reaction score
Tbar said:
Measuring voltage at the battery:

Engine off: 12.6 volts
Engine @ idle: 12.7 volts
Engine @ 2200 rpm 13.2 volts
Engine @ 2200 rpm with lights and a/c on 12.8 volts

While not great these voltages are still above 12 volts. Wouldn't this be enough to operate the a/c clutch?

Tbar
I'm suprised anything works...

normal system voltage is 13.8 - 14.2 with a few OBD-II systems near 18 volts

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Took it by my mechanic tonight and he reproduced the intermitant problem by connecting and disconnecting the clutch wire.

He pulled the front plate off the clutch and removed one shim.............wala.............problem could not be reproduced.

Hopefully this took care of the problem.

Tbar

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Tbar said:
Took it by my mechanic tonight and he reproduced the intermitant problem by connecting and disconnecting the clutch wire.

He pulled the front plate off the clutch and removed one shim.............wala.............problem could not be reproduced.

Hopefully this took care of the problem.

Tbar
now, it's kind of rare that you would produce enough wear during normal operation to affect engagement of the clutch without the clutch itself being weak... I'd have him ohm out the clutch coil and make sure it's not on it's way west...

crzybowhntr

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You may want to just unplug your pressure switch and see if it is corroded from shorting out. That is what was wrong with mine! I suppose I should read the whole post!! I also forgot to mention the gap should be .30 to .70 I think....

Last edited:

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
crzybowhntr said:
You may want to just unplug your pressure switch and see if it is corroded from shorting out. That is what was wrong with mine!

welcome crzybowhntr. fill out your sig line and tell us where you bow hunt! (I just bought my first bow). :sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14