A few pictures of Iraq

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
pffttt... no! Try 130+ :sweet or at least that is what i hear. I havent been to Iraq before, i have been to Kuwait, Oman, and Qatar. Qatar was by far the worst with pretty high heat (115-120) but really high humidity :dizzy

I was in Kuwait back when i was in the military and i think it was hitting 130 but i worked out on the flightline on the blacktop which brought the heat up even more. :cool:

Thats why i went to Antarctica... to cool down :watchout

130..wow, and I thought Flagstaff was bad.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
mike
that looks to much like being on active duty:eek:
yuck the tent my friend
see you got some big ol ants to help you out

be safe;tu

CHPMustang

Reaction score
That's tent city alright! Quite an assignment maintaining the generators and stuff:notworthy Keep it safe bro,thanks for checking in with your latest tour photos :kewlpics :sweet

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel you'r pain Mike. I spent June and July in Qatar back in 2003. Gets you to the point where 90 degrees feels good. :dizzy Be safe and take care.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good lookin pics you posted. Stay safe and if you get tired I'm sure you can ride that ant. LOL That thing is huge. Bet that smarts with they get ahold of ya.

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Mike,

WOW, great pics!!!

I am sure that Fan in the bedroom works OVERTIME!!!

Those K-Rails (well, that is what I call them, not sure what you call them) or Jersey barrier or Jersey walls in front of the tents are HUGE!!!

I like having ambient noise while i sleep. It's wierd if you think about it, i don't sleep that good unless i have a fan... i mean who cares about the damn helicopters flying right over our tents all night long, mortars going off, gun fire most nights (we have a training range near by).... but i have to have tht fan :doh:

130 at day...and a 0 deg sleeping bag?
how cold does it get at night?

nics pics

No its just a normal military (read: uncomfortable) matress with sheets on it. When it gets hot it will be 130 in the day and 100 at night but a 30 degree drop is a 30 degree drop. Hell it went from -50 to 0 degrees in Antarctica and we were taking all of our cold weather gear off because it was warm!

mike
that looks to much like being on active duty:eek:
yuck the tent my friend
see you got some big ol ants to help you out

be safe;tu

Nahh.. the military are like 15 to a tent or something like that. The tent is packed with bunk beds and they sleep in those. Not to mention they have to do PT and I dont..... and my paycheck is a sure reminder that i am not active :)

awesome photos mike...

again; stay cool and stay safe..

p.s. need anything.............like RAID:sly

How about....... women :sly

Good lookin pics you posted. Stay safe and if you get tired I'm sure you can ride that ant. LOL That thing is huge. Bet that smarts with they get ahold of ya.

Luckily the ants leave us alone, now if these damn FLIES would go away life would be peachy.

Again, thanks for everyones support ;tu

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14