A few questions about my truck...99 f250

1maleyaj

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a 99 f250, and have come across a few things that I wanted to see if anyone else has had problems with.

1. Keyless entry remote quit working. Didn't work when I first got it, I put a new battery in and used it for a few weeks, then it quit working again.

2. Passenger window won't go down. Neither switch works, so I'm thinking its probably the moter, but wanted to go ahead and see if anyone knew of something simple it coud be before I replaced that.

3. Tailgate handle broke. Should have a new one here soon(thanks bamasixgun). Any hints or tips for me while putting the new one on?

4. Not sure exactly what it is called, but some sort of valve on the exhaust that shuts when its cold to keep the heat in. I disconnected the actuator arm(?) from the actual flap in the pipe, so it should just stay open. It was bugging the hell out of me. Is there any problem with doing that?

5. Plug for trailer lights doesn't work. I was thinking about getting a new one and re-wiring it, but wanted to see if maybe that could be something simple I need to fix as well.

6. Any good 'how-to's' on installing trans temp and pyrometer gauges. Just got mine in the other day.

Thanks,

Anthony

pdt1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5. Plug for trailer lights doesn't work. I was thinking about getting a new one and re-wiring it, but wanted to see if maybe that could be something simple I need to fix as well.

If you haven't, be sure to check your fuses. The fuses are in the fuse panel under the hood. I don't have the list in front of me, but I had to add certain fuses to mine when I got it.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
3. Tailgate handle broke. Should have a new one here soon(thanks bamasixgun). Any hints or tips for me while putting the new one on?

Lubricate all the linkage inside and out on the ends of the tailgate.

A little lube and you will be able open it with one finger.

Tbar

1maleyaj

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If you haven't, be sure to check your fuses. The fuses are in the fuse panel under the hood. I don't have the list in front of me, but I had to add certain fuses to mine when I got it.

I checked them quickly the other night and everything seemed good. I will probably go over them a little more the next warm day. Thanks.

Lubricate all the linkage inside and out on the ends of the tailgate.

A little lube and you will be able open it with one finger.

Tbar

Thanks. I'll grease it all up when I have it apart.:sweet

I have to replace my trailer hook ups on the truck too.
By any chance, do you know why yours went bad? Or have they just never worked?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14