A few Questions..

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you dont get a drip on the ground or a mist/odor at idle?

I have gotten a mist at idle, more pronounced when it is cold but not very much of a drip or my driveway would be coated by now. Like I said, give it a whirl and see how it works out for you.

JRJ04

Reaction score
will do...do you have yours just run straight down underneath the hood or did you run it towards the back?

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, I plan to use the International Road Draft tube. to replace the rubber one.

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats that? got any links/pics/more info?

Basically it is what International uses. It is a hard tube that goes from the CCV. I used a cheap heater hose the last time and I don't know how much longer it will last with oil fumes. It wasn't meant to support oily fumes.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I have a homemade CCV kit on my truck and it has worked really well.

It returns air back to the turbo side but without the oily residue and it collects the
oily residue in a catch can mounted on the frame.

JRJ04

Reaction score
Stephen did you have pics of this at one point? Im just really worried about putting something on there thats too restrictive that could cause too much backpressure...too much of that and things start leaking...

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stephen did you have pics of this at one point? Im just really worried about putting something on there thats too restrictive that could cause too much backpressure...too much of that and things start leaking...

I think it won't be an issue since it will suck fumes back into the turbo. That said, try venting it and see how you like it.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
This CCV kit that I have takes the fumes from the crank case down to the collection container and then returns back to the inlet just before the turbo. So the system is still pressurized.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl