A Gleam of hope...

Good Enough

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So i walked outside yesterday and noticed a little puddle under the truck. Coolant.

It only forms after the truck is cold (expected). She didnt puke yet but i am hoping the Dealer will replace the head studs seeing as though there is about 4 months left on the warranty. Now here are my questions...

Which studs to get? I know ARP has two diff studs. And ATS makes some i believe...? but has ARP just "re-vamped" the old ones to be stronger? Anyone know a part number(s)?

EGR delete. I know it would be easier to do at the same time as the studs but if i dont have to do the studs i am just wondering how long/difficult and if its even worth doing it. I know it voids the warranty but like i said...its up in May anyway.

Thanks again guys...

PS sorry for not posting in a while...I have missed you...:sorry

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
it may be leaking from somewhere other than the head gaskets, pressure test it when its cold and see where the leak is coming from before you jump for the head gaskets, maybe save you some money!

Good Enough

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
well i guess i hope its the head gaskets. I just want to be able to get it done while its still under warranty. I cant even imagine home much of a PITA its gunna be to do myself.:doh:

So what about the egr?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
The leak could be the egr cooler. You want to have the dealer pressure check the system before you "just decide" to do head gaskets. Which they will do anyway. May not be as bad as you think. If its gaskets, buy the studs, give them and a case of really good beer to the mechanic, and let them do their thing. Don't know what year your rig is, but the HPOP connector is worth having done while its down if it hasn't been addressed already.

Good Enough

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Its an early 04 (May 04)

HPOP? whats this?

My plans for this truck arent to break any records but I do get on it from time to time. Gotta show thoes hondas that HP is merely a by product of TORQUE! lol.

CCSBD

Diesel Power
Reaction score
Def do the egr delete! And just take it in for them to see if its the hg's and if it is just offer the tech some money to put arp's in instead of factory bolts :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14