A little extra pulling power

surreyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey every one , I'm sure this has been talked about lots & I'm sorry for bringing it up , I'm new to the diesel world & have owned my truck(97 f250 HD 5spd 4x4 7.3L) now for a year but hardly ever drive it unless I need to haul stuff . My truck has 360,000 kms runs great , however , we bought a holiday trailer a year ago as well & it pulls it well , I would just like more pulling power for pulling up hills . I don't want anything that will wreck the truck over time , I want to keep this truck as long as I can . What would you ppl suggest for a good but cheap(I understand you get what you pay for)application for my truck ?
Thanx to every one

majek5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3" downpipe, open exhaust, DIY 6637 intake, custom tunes, I like PHP, and gauges if you tune. That should get you moving. That really woke up my 97.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
3" downpipe, open exhaust, DIY 6637 intake, custom tunes, I like PHP, and gauges if you tune. That should get you moving. That really woke up my 97.

that ought to about cover it..

get the air in, get the air out.. intake & exhaust
tuner or chip.. different fuel curve
gauges.. at least a pyro gauge to keep tabs on the exhaust temperatures

surreyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ok , thanx guys , this is great , I do have a 4" strait out , the guy that had the truck before me did that & that was it . Thanx alot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58