Reaction score
I bet the wifey was cracking the whip
whip.gif
to make sure it got done.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
joe
the fireplace to me, just never really fit in with our lifestyle, i did like the small heat it threw out but overall the power usage vs the output was way off kilter.
the new storage space is great for the dog food and craft stuff. plus i moved the puter printer into the new compartment, which freed up the desk area for more pictures of the grandkids :D

funny thing was the days the space was open the pup kept getting in there and curling up, it almost became her new dog house. :sly

the new floor is great looking and easy to put down, i think i gaine d afew pounds on the axles, but the look is worth it.

EXACTLY what I needed to hear PB.

When we bought our 5r, there was an identical unit to ours but it had the Fireplace. We compared it.. against the storage.. went with the Storage. Glad we did now.

We've talked with others that say: It's not very functional, just nice to look at.. Just Like you said.

Thanks

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Robert;

Unless these old eyes are failing me I could not see what kind and model 5er you have. Your changes look very nice. Carpet is not good with sand at the beach also. Carpet is a must with the wife, because it feels good to her feet in the morning.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great Robert, Carolyn wants to come by on our way back and let you take out some of our carpet. LOL Didn't know you were good at doing jobs like this.
I am so glad we didn't get the fireplace in ours when we traded. Like Joe said they had one with and one without.
It's a very nice day here in the RGV, it's 10:30 and all ready it is 70 outside and sunny.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
You'd better not get too boastful on how good of a job ur doing there Robert. Some RV dealer might hire you and that'd put an end to ur retirement!!
sleep027.gif

:tounge :lmao

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
You'd better not get too boastful on how good of a job ur doing there Robert. Some RV dealer might hire you and that'd put an end to ur retirement!!
sleep027.gif

:tounge :lmao

you laugh
i already have folks over at the forest river site wanting me to come visit for a week to do a floor
i got it all done today, tomorrow i will put in the trim pieces and custom rout the lower slide seal cover plates,
overall it really opened up the floorplan and makes it look BRIGHT
max its a 36 rlts, -= mid kitchen rear lounge with two huge slides in back and big one up in the bedroom 36rlts
oh one safety note.... sharp razor knifes DO cut fingers
wd stop by , you will have a new project post haste

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good Robert, the only thing I would of done different is, I would have took the booth out and put in a table and chairs for the dinning while I was at it.
Hope the run in room don't scracth the wood floor when you bring the rooms in, or make a scracth where the ride on the floor.
Maybe we can stop by for at least one night on our way back.
Good luck and keep it looking good.

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Looking good Robert, the only thing I would of done different is, I would have took the booth out and put in a table and chairs for the dinning while I was at it.
Hope the run in room don't scracth the wood floor when you bring the rooms in, or make a scracth where the ride on the floor.
Maybe we can stop by for at least one night on our way back.
Good luck and keep it looking good.

doug
actually we ditched one side of the booth and added two nice chiars
as for slide clearance, the new main floor is 3/4" lower and i added new nylon slide kit from lippert to ensure smoooooooth sailing, oh man i thought this project through to the nasa degree, i have even designed the lower slide seal cvers form wood with a foamy seal. no more cold breeeeeeze
you guys are welcome anytime

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14