A problem has arisen

black super 350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
maybe you had some bad fuel. swamp gas or sumpin:lmao

these things are supposed to be good to below zero before you need to plug in. i just left mississippi and it sure hasn't been cold enough for start problems.
hope it stays straight for you. good luck:sweet

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it almost sound like an injector sticking or the comptuer sending the wrong signal, any smoke when it does this?

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
didn't notice any smoke. But it hasn't done it anymore since I make sure to let the glow plug light go off and using cetane booster (Ford type)

surface5000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sub Zero Starting

maybe you had some bad fuel. swamp gas or sumpin:lmao

these things are supposed to be good to below zero before you need to plug in. i just left mississippi and it sure hasn't been cold enough for start problems.
hope it stays straight for you. good luck:sweet

Where I work these trucks start very well at temps as low as -30 with out being plugged in

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
My truck won't turn over until the glow plug light is out. You turn the key forward, and release it. Then it starts itself when the light goes out. And no, I'm not kidding, and no, I have no idea how it does this. Until I read this thread I thought all the 6.4's were like that. :watchout

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
My truck won't turn over until the glow plug light is out. You turn the key forward, and release it. Then it starts itself when the light goes out. And no, I'm not kidding, and no, I have no idea how it does this. Until I read this thread I thought all the 6.4's were like that. :watchout

Do you have a remote start on your truck? If you do that might make it do that.:dunno

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Very interesting there...

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
the "engine start" is no longer a hot wire from the switch to a solenoid. on modern confuser controlled, information bussed vehicles, the "start request" is an input from the key position, and the engine will attend to that request when it is damn ready to. :D

i can freak out a few guys at work whenever i hit the key to the start position, run out and watch under the hood, and then the engine starts itself.

yukondiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the "engine start" is no longer a hot wire from the switch to a solenoid. on modern confuser controlled, information bussed vehicles, the "start request" is an input from the key position, and the engine will attend to that request when it is damn ready to. :D

i can freak out a few guys at work whenever i hit the key to the start position, run out and watch under the hood, and then the engine starts itself.

Now THAT"S funny!!!

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Do you have a remote start on your truck? If you do that might make it do that.:dunno
Yeah, it has a remote start. Ford remote. Came with the truck, dealer installed. That would explain it. I don't bother with it because it won't warm up idleing and I read in the manual not to let it idle cold. Ford says let it run for a minute at zero and drive it. And you can. If you tried this with my old truck your results would be VERY different.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58