A solution to the 2008

pullurw8

Who Knows Really??
Reaction score
:clap:
Well I have made an executive decision since ford couldnt and solved the problem with the 2008

Simple really I purchased a 1999 7.3l and let me tell you i get double the fuel mileage, and it actually pulls the loads at 75 mph with no problems.
It is a little low on power as it is stock, but from what i hear 1 grand or so and the 08 wont have nothing on it.

Ford has my 08 and the turbos<---yeah both, are being replaced as well as about 6 grand in other parts, since it wont come out of regen now and it smokes a little worse than a freight train, a 48 thousand dollar boat anchor, but hell it will look good in the driveway sitting there cause its not worth a crap for work every day.

So if youve had problems with your 2008 beautiful interior and gorgeous exterior, look, at, truck and need something that will actually pull a load without getting 5 mpg, get a 7.3l. now thanks to Ford ive owned all three in the last 7 months, first the 6.0 they couldnt keep running, then the 2008 which Ill take to the mall with the wife and kid thats all it will do, and now the 1999 7.3 i think i can talk about which truck was made to do work......yes i have proof of ownership on all three and the dates if you need them. I know some people like to see paperwork on things here in the forums to prove im not lying to you. The 7.3l rocks:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :sweet :D :D

pullurw8

Who Knows Really??
Reaction score
you would think my dumb butt wouldve bought a dodge or something by now right. It just a pain to think I have to pay for a truck that I cant even use to work, and that a 1999 with 197thousand mile is doing the job no sweat no strain!!

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
we were talking about it today at our ct psd club breakfast....the 07 and up emmisions friendly engines, regardless of manufacturer, are all CRAP. i work at a freightliner dealer, and we have a traded in '08 f450 KR that has 7000 miles on it. he traded it for 5 decent used trucks on our lot, and is very happy now that its gone.

pullurw8

Who Knows Really??
Reaction score
Like I said its a damn sham the truck is awesome when it comes to looks but Ford needs to test these things in the real world first with real situations and unbiased unpaid people to do the testing.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
the gov't is pushing them way too hard, they need to give on highway manufacturers a break and attack the marine world for a few years, and let them design, fully test, and perfect an engine/emmission system before releasing it to the public.

im afraid to know how badly all these emmision related buy backs, and piss poor fuel mileage out of the "clean engines" is affecting our economy.

01platinum

Go VOLS
Reaction score
these manufacturer buy backs and govermaent mandated emission warranty's are the reason new vehicles are upwards of 50k now

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Like I said its a damn sham the truck is awesome when it comes to looks but Ford needs to test these things in the real world first with real situations and unbiased unpaid people to do the testing.

What about the 2 year test drives FMC did with a team of driver's/engineers & all available resources at their fingertips.

Isn't that a real world situation like they claimed :lmao :stir :lmao :innocent

im afraid to know how badly all these emmision related buy backs, and piss poor fuel mileage out of the "clean engines" is affecting our economy.

Doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't a soot spewing 7.3 getting 20 mpg be better for the enviroment than a 5mpg 6.4 burning cleaner???

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i suspect those that were test driving 'em werent concerned about
the MPG.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14