Help Needed ABS light

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
OK, went to drive the truck today. Everything was good, pulled into the driveway and sat for about 10-15 mins and the ABS light started to blink. Brakes seem to work fine:dunno. I need help and don't wanna be stuck without brakes. Thanks in advance guys!

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
is it staying lit or just blinking?

check to make sure the Ebrake pedal is all the way up.and check your brake fluid.check the plug on the fluid reservoir as well.is the tranny shifting hard when it does this?also is your speedo working properly?

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
if you have the rear only abs, then you can unplug the relief valve/reservoir on the left framerail, that will keep it from coming on and dumping your brakes when you want them, but you wont have abs. that will give you the piece of mind that the brakes will work until you have time to get it fixed, or you can leave it unplugged like a few people i know.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
is it staying lit or just blinking?

check to make sure the Ebrake pedal is all the way up.and check your brake fluid.check the plug on the fluid reservoir as well.is the tranny shifting hard when it does this?also is your speedo working properly?

It's just blinkin. Ok, forgot to mention that I had my foot on the brake and the truck was running the whole time. When I shut the truck off and the turned the key back to Accessory, the light was no longer on. Dunno if that makes a difference or not. Dunno if the tranny is shiftin hard or not because it only came on in the driveway as I was sittin there for a few minutes and I only had to go a fifty feet to pull into my garage. Brake fluid is good and I'll check the plugs. Ebrake is the whole way up I believe, but I'll check just to make sure.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
if the light went out and hasnt come back on i wouldnt worry about it.have somebody stick a scanner on it and see if it has any DTCs for the ABS stored.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i doubt it.was it running or not?if it wasnt running i definately wouldnt worry about it.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
UPDATE

Ok, went to get in the truck this morning and the light was gone and I thought all was good. I go to shift it into drive and it won't let me come out of park. I had my foot on the brake to shift it and it wouldn't let me. I took my foot off the brake and the ABS light started flashing again:rant. I got out and had someone hold down the brake pedal and when I looked at the tailights, the weren't illuminated. I'm thinkin it's the switch down on the brake pedal that went out. What do Y'all think?:dunno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58