ABS light

VinceJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any typical issues around the ABS light comming on while the truck is running?

I had the truck in at the dealer to get an oil leak fixed (oil pressure regulator was leaking). The ABS light has never come on before while running. I got about 5 miles away from the dealer & it came on. Seems coincidental. Could they have affected this? Maybe not reconnect something? (It has 95,000 miles on it.)

The only other recent problem I had was the alternator going out and the wife ran it until it would no longer crank. Thought I'd mention that thinking that maybe running the batteries dead may have had an affect.

Any ideas?

THANKS!!!!

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
the ABS light on my 03 used to come on all the time.... it seemed like it would come on when the truck was in contact with water... puddles.. raining.. truck wash.. etc...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With 95K on the clock.. you may wana replace the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) located on top of the rearend Dif. 20, or so dollar part, 10mm hold down clamp, 2 pin plug, 20 min R&R.

The VSS sends info to yer PCM that sends info to alot of things.. including the ABS.

:dunno

VinceJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK... Thanks for the feedback.

I drove her around a bit today & it went off after a while. I'll try the VSS sensor if it happens again. :dunno

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK... Thanks for the feedback.

I drove her around a bit today & it went off after a while. I'll try the VSS sensor if it happens again. :dunno

;tu FWIW ? yer VSS (it's magnetic) gets weak'n dirty from time and normal Ring & Pinion wear.. The weak or bogus info to yer PCM can start effecting things like yer Cruise Control, Tranny, ABS, Speedo... just to mention a few things.

Good $20.00 place to start chasing weird, intermittent stuff.

Joe

NJKen

Is a proud new daddy
Reaction score
Every time I got an ABS light on my 02 it happened shortly before a wheelbearing failed. When the bearings get bad loose pieces inside them will destroy the sensor. The best thing you can do is get the code read. That will help narrow it down some.
Ken

wa6ibu

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi. My ABS light came on but no DTC codes have been reported either. I know there is a recall on the bearing issue (2004 f350SD), and about the speed sensor which I'll just replace. But is it expected that an ABS light could come on w/o a DTC code and does that indicate something different I wonder?

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi. My ABS light came on but no DTC codes have been reported either. I know there is a recall on the bearing issue (2004 f350SD), and about the speed sensor which I'll just replace. But is it expected that an ABS light could come on w/o a DTC code and does that indicate something different I wonder?

Do you know if the recall on the bearing issue is all 2004s or 350s or what?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14