ABS light

brian lewis

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i have an 06 super duty, and the abs light wont go out, does anyone know how to make it go out...i took the dash out, and the intrument cluster and was able to unplug every light except the abs! i really dont care if it ever has abs, i have drove for 40 years without it....thanks for the help

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I'd try replaceing the speed sensor in the rear end houseing. In the center section with a couple of wires comeing out of it. Had one go out on mine. Messed with my cruise control and their cheap.

Ezzie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Funny you should mention this. My ABS light (2006 F350 SD PSD) just came on the other day for no reason. Turned on the truck the next morning and it was still on - then after about 10 mins. on the road - it went out and hasn't returned (yet).

WTF???

mrziggy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
have had the same mystery ABS light. Several people have suggested changing the speed sensor in the rear housing. Thats were I would start

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The VSS gets dirty, weak and tired from Time & Miles of normal rear-end wear. it's a magnetic thingy. Counts RPMs off of the Ring Gear.

'bout 25 bucks, 10mm bolt/hold down clamp, one 2 pin plug to dis-connect/connect. 20 minutes of yer time.

The VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) >may< be causing an annoying, or intermittent light.. for now. But sooner or later, it WILL start to cause a bunch of other PIA things to happen. It sends alot of whizo data that has an effect on alot of other performence related stuff. ABS, CC, OD, Shift points.. to name a few.

A $25.00 place to start addressing ABS light issues guyz.

Yer call though.. :dunno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14