ABS Light?

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I have a 2006 Super Crew it has 14000 miles on it. I have made several long distance trips on it and on each one the ABS Light comes on, but shuts off when i get back. So i thought nothing of it but this time it came on. But as i was driving to work, keeping a steady 75 mph i felt the rpm's drop, but kick back. So i look down and i see that my speed has just dropped on the cluster from 75, to 40, then 50, then to 30, then back to 75. But i wasnt slowing down and neither did my speed change. And then the abs light came on again. But thats not it, i go to leave work and my tranny temp gauge is still at cool while everything else is running normal. But ABS is still on but kicks on and off every now and then.
Sorry For The long paragraph any suggestions i think the instrument cluster is bad . but gonna take it to ford this weekend while i go to Michigan.

05PSD350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 05 f350 did the same thing. Took it to the dealer and it turned out to be the rear speed senor. Took them an hour and have had no more problems.

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
i have a similar problem on my 99 and its the harness behind the cluster keeps coming loose ... i would check the connections.... well you do still have warente so use it but tell them youve heard of loose connection in the back...

it happens to me primarly when i hit bumps with nothing in the bed to weight it down

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
INTERNATIONALPOWER ,05PSD350: Welcome to SSD.com Glad to have you aboard. Kick back and enjoy yourselves. Warning, Some PSD drivers on this Forum have PMS. :roflmao

kingjay

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ABS Light

That is definately your rear ABS sensor, I have a 2005 and have replaced 3 of them already, I have been waiting for 3 months now for a new revised one. I have all the same conditions you explained and that is all it is.

Take care.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14