AC High Pressure service port on discharge hose

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Dang plastic checkvalve blew out in the service port. Typical, Ford is telling me it's only available with the $200 hose even tho it is removable and looks fairly standard, just a different thread than others I've seen. Checked a couple parts places and so far no luck.

Anyone know if it's available, or do I need to tap and plug it?

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
visit a local a/c shop and they should be able to help you out or a slavage yard is a great place to get stuff like that If it's what I'm thinking it is basically the valve core from the service port and you can snag one from just about any ford without much difficulty to try. I'f I'm not mistaken parts yards are required to remove hazardous materials (oil, antifreeze, refrigerant) before putting the cars on the yard so it should be an easy grab.

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
I checked a bunch of places, I can't find anyone with a new replacement. The AC places and a Ford parts guy were familiar with the problem. I may get one from a junkyard eventually, but the check valve is just a soft rubbery thing that eventually gets soft and fails with age and heat. Stupid design, I just plugged it for now with a small pipe plug in the fitting. If I ever decide I need the high pressure service port I'll probably have a hose made up with a standard one. Should be less than half the $200+ Ford wants for the hose...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58