ac inop

hinesenhoffer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
compressor clutch clearance gap

my 2005 ford is doing something like that it seems to work when not towing half of the time and not at all when towing if i give it a lot of throttle it will work for a min or two any sugestions thanks

Hey haymaster
my 7.3 air cond. was doing the same thing and I took the front half of my compressor clutch off and took one of the shim washers out and put it back together and its has worked fine ever since. when the gap is too big it loses it ability to close magnetically, try that and see if that helps yours.

hinesenhoffer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
gap

if i jump the compessor clutch with power it engages also and it seemed to cool ok, i do that very long cuz i didnt want to mess up anything i was just testing to see if it worked

hey great white since it works ok with the jumper wire,try taking a shim washer out of your clutch closing the gap a little,I did mine and my air works fine all the time now.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Hey haymaster
my 7.3 air cond. was doing the same thing and I took the front half of my compressor clutch off and took one of the shim washers out and put it back together and its has worked fine ever since. when the gap is too big it loses it ability to close magnetically, try that and see if that helps yours.

wouldn't explain the pressures.. :innocent

HAYMASTER33

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I will try that thanks also it seems to make a pop sound when i rev the engine while going down the road and then starts cooling again

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14