AC kicks on and off

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I cleaned the contact pins and put the recomend grease on them.. nothing has changed, another shop told me today that the compressor clutches are bad

yeah, that happens..
the clutch isn't bad to replace.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guys, guys..
if it's fully charged, it will make your man-nips hard..
now..
if it blows meat-locker cold and then all of a sudden warm, that's not a charge problem..
it's electrical, or control..

I disagree, a slight low charge can lead to icing up leading to the meat locker cold to warm

GOEGLEINBROS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the theromse stat and water pump are new.. I dunno what to do guys, everyone i talk to give me a differant answer..

aggitator

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
the a/c clutch is probly slipping at higher rpms, you can remove a shim or 2 to buy you some time. i have been running my 99 that way for 2-3 years that way now. my problem was the a/c would work great at start up ,but would quite working when you drove it.

Last edited:

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
the a/c clutch is probly slipping at higher rpms, you can remove a shim or 2 to buy you some time. i have been running my 99 that way for 2-3 years that way now. my problem was the a/c would work great at start up ,but would quite working when you drove it.

Anyone have a write up or instructions on removing shims?

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Anyone have a write up or instructions on removing shims?

Never mind I found it!
WOW I removed the shim and had it back together in less than 5 mins! I like quick fixes like this! Ill have to get back to let you guys know if it fixes my A/C problem. I drove it around afterwards and it was like a FREEZER with no cutting out! the air has not been this cold since I bought it! It is 75 and rainny here so ill wait till we get another 95 degree day and report back with some hot, and humid weather test results!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14