Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I put a hose clamp on my vacuum hose.

Tbar

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Inspect this oring. Take the locking hub off, clean, inspect, R&R oring if necessary, lubricate and put back together.

Then try your Hub & A/C.

If your not 4 wheeling put the hubs in the auto position(free).

Tbar

Last edited:

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
The other vacuum related hub oring is located on the back side of the 4X4 hub.

I would check alot of other things before I went after this one. It is the yellow oring in the picture.

Tbar

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tbar said:
The other vacuum related hub oring is located on the back side of the 4X4 hub.

I would check alot of other things before I went after this one. It is the yellow oring in the picture.

Tbar

What other things would you check?
Jesse

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hooked a vacuum pump to the line going into the hubs, both hubs held a vacuum...where do I check next?
Jesse

Doggy Daddy

"Junior Member"?? OUCH!!
Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
Seriously tho, diesels do in fact have vacuum, or else they wouldnt start.

I don't mean to split hairs but what they have is suction; vacuum is created when suction draws against restriction.

Since it sounds like you have access to a hand vacuum pump I would check the system from the solenoid (on the right fender well near the battery) down to the hubs. There is a molded rubber connector with 2 plastic lines, one is vacuum supply from the black plastic reservoir tank and the other goes to the hubs. If it does not hold vacuum then track the leak. If it holds vacuum then I'd suspect the solenoid. Just to be sure plug the side of the rubber connector that goes to the vacuum reservoir, see if the ventilation works (it probably will since it works in 2wd). Then reconnect the solenoid to vacuum and plug the side that goes to the hubs (you may have to rig some connectors and vacuum hose to do this), set the transfer case to 4wd and see if the ventilation system still works.

As an option you could convert to Dyna-Trak hubs and have servicable bearings and real manual hubs (and probably get your wife p-o'ed at the money you spent).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58