AC up and died :(

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drove 500 miles home this weekend towing the bronco the whole way, well about 80 miles from home the AC started feeling warmer than it should have been. thought it was just warming up outside and turned the ac colder it lasted like that for about 5 minutes then all it blew was hot air.

Any ideas where I should start looking. There is 82K on the clock right now.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
jopes said:
Any ideas where I should start looking. There is 82K on the clock right now.

Condenser near the radiator, road debris may have holed it.

Check freon charge. You are probably low or out. But you'll have to find the leak. It's done with a fluorescent dye charge, if it glows where it shouldn't you have your leak.

Rare, but it has happended on one of my vehicles. A plugged orofice tube, it looks like a miniature paint strainer in the freon line. If the screen gets plugged, the pressure stays high but there is no return from the evaporator, and you get hot air.

Good luck.

:oops:

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the other day I stood under the hood looking @ the compressor and it was not turning on. so I wiggled the plug that enguages the clutch and the compressor turned on and off. everyt time I wiggled it the thing would turn on and off. well it was close to one of the pressure sensors which was not letting it stay on. When I unplugged the connector the internals fell out of it as thought it was never assembled correctly from Ford. I snapped it back together, plugged it back in and no more problems. I have nice chilly AC again. :)

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
hey man.... start by wiggle testing all your terminals and connections...

:sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14