AC

bonestroker

stroke it if you got it
Reaction score
can't figer it out my ac works for about 10 to 15 mins then it blows nothing but hot air if you stomp on the pedel it'll go back to cold for about 5 mins then hot do you think it needs recharged or is the pump going out please help this 5 hr drive is to hot to do and I can't stand the window noise. thank bone:confused:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
low charge
evap plugging up

but i bet is low charge,
sounds like the charge get slow on return pressure so it shuts off, the as the fluid to gas and gas to fluid settle back down it allows the low pressure switch to reset.
have some one with a set of gauges hook up and see whats really going on, dont just dump in a can of 134, to much is bad to

firedude9052000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I drive a 2k ambulance at work diesel 7.3 ltr and it does the exact same thing and we found out that it the condenser was freezing up because it was low on "juice". so you may check the "juice" level.
Tyler

bonestroker

stroke it if you got it
Reaction score
I put 2 cans in this afternoon working better not kicking out many I think it needs 1 more going to call ford in the morn to see how much it holds :confused: :dunno

bonestroker

stroke it if you got it
Reaction score
I get the same code (1211) if I get my egt over 1200 or get above 100mph on the way home from work there is one part of the road about 40 miles long I trying to get home before I go to sleep I stand on it. The last 2 times coming home I set cruse at 95 and it don't set it off :innocent :wow

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
Check the short harness going to the compressor clutch they are very common for having a broken wire in them when the a/c quits open the hood and leave the a/c on observe that the compressor clutch is not turning and then wiggle the harness from the clutch to about 8 inches away good chance it will start working.

nevrnf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have the part # of the harness? I tried my local dealer by phone and he could only find replacemet ends for the harness.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14