Accelerator peddle question

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
Please excuse my newbie question here. My new to me 97. The accelerator peddle has a "dead spot" when pushed to the floor. IF I floor board the peddle I get little response, but If I lift up a little on the peddle approx. 1/2" the truck shifts into a lower gear and accelerates. Is this a known problem? is there a fix? Something out of adjustment? Thanks Russ

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
simple Russ just adjust you throtle cable ooohhh wait you don't have one of those anymore just kidin ya Russ thats a nice clean lookin truck

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
If it's a true TPS dead spot you'd get a CEL. Try the pedal adjustment from Baz's page as you found.

Another thing thats not always obvious, is at above about 2/3 throttle the Torque Converter Clutch will lock at low speeds, giving slower acceleration. Some PCM's you can stop this by hitting the OD button off.

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
93turbo_animal said:
simple Russ just adjust you throtle cable ooohhh wait you don't have one of those anymore just kidin ya Russ thats a nice clean lookin truck
Thanks Aric, I guess I had that coming. :sweet Now off to do some :burnit :thumbs

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
PSDfreak said:
Thanks for the link...thats a pretty reasonable price next to the ford parts counter...

-Casey

Remember to select the 96-97 One!

It is $263.00 :eek: :eek: :eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14