Accessory switches

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm still in the process of doing frontend upgrades. I'm adding a set of PIAA driving fog light combos. They would have been on this weekend, but me being butter fingered, its gonna cost me another $75 for a replacement light (Ebay saved the day on a item that PIAA hasnt made in 6 years). Anyway, I'm running out of places to do clean installs with the switches. I was searching another forum and found these cool items Switches pictures from cars photos on webshots They are really cool and i'm think they might light up. Just thought I'd share the find.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those are "Shane's" Switches...very same ones that I'm using.
They take a TREMENDOUS beating & I have yet to have one fail.

They can be purchased in just about any configuration & labeling
you want...lit & not lighted versions are available.

switches-1.jpg

switches-2.jpg

switches.jpg

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. You think they would fit in the space between the steering column and the 4x4 switch, right below the gauges? I was looking to put two on either side. I think these switches are cool because they are labeled. I SOMETIMES let other people drive my truck and it would be nice for them to know what they are for. I think I'm gonna go ahead and order some up! Oh yeah how bright are the lights at night? I hope not to bright cause I keep my dash lights pretty dim.

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres not a TON of room where youre talking about, I have seen
some switches mounted in that location but i cant recall if ive seen
the CARLING switches from Shane mounted there.

your biggest problem w/ mounting 'em where youre thinking is that the
mounting surface isnt completely FLAT (and the switch mountings are FLAT).

The switches arent that bright...just right !

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of trying to squeeze two switches on each side in those places. I just emailed him back with my order and I ordered up a few different mounting brackets because I'm not sure of my location for the switches. I figure with those prices and the way I'm adding stuff I'll eventually use them. Thanks for the info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14