Accudata Research

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Got a call from a research company (named in subj). We found at the end they were working for ford.

They had a whole big story that there were mutiple groups of truck owners of different brands and we were the Ford group.

They started off there questions with how we used our trucks and what we wanted to see in a new diesel engine? (unsaid manufacturer)- I named of all my MODS and, I guess the most popular answers in the group was reliability, improved MPG.

It was almost like they asked everyone except me, prior to coming, Are you dissastified with your Ford (engine)? Their answer was yes. But when asked if they would buy any other brand? The answer was no.

There were a bunch more questions about how they should advertise. They really pushed this one; Take a truck with the new engine, 20,000 lbs trailer and tow across the country to every monday night football game and have it on display at the game.

In the end he came out in said that the research was all about that Ford was coming out with a in-house built engine (no secret) and he only would elude to the Superduty but would not deny the F-150. The very last question he asked was that the truck was going to have Superduty on the side, with by Ford underneath the word Superduty, and asked what we thought of it or should they change name all together- I told him go ahead and keep Superduty but dont put by ford with it. I thought it would look stupid on the side of the truck.

Funny part was that they had us all come to a garage with only a six foot nine inch clearence. I just had to drain the bags and remove the CB ant. There was other draining tires. I got in with just removing the ant. There was another guy that had a good 4 inches on my truck and I have know clue how he got in or out. Talk about a bunch of guys that have probably been to Denver only a hand full of times.

It was pretty cool being there though and they paid 100.00 an hour.:sweet

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm there was a post on Pirate asking questions about what we would like to see in future 1 ton+ trucks. There is a nice laundry list of bells & whistles. I wonder if this guy was there too because IIRC he was in CO.

Seems the research company did not do their homework on how big a light duty diesel truck actually is and what facilities they were using.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58