Accufab Elbow ???

Ken1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any real world usage of this Accufab Elbow ? Claims it improve MPG. Would like to see some reports of improvements.

Thanks for any replies

Ken

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Is this the elbow you are referring to? Diesel

If it is, I have no experience with their elbows, but I do have a set of their custom headers on my 1982 F100. I know the header guy (possibly owner??) there is George Klass. He is a stand up guy that cares more about the customer than making a profit. Example, my headers are 2" primaries with 3.5" collectors. I was told by a lot of people that I need 1, if not a 2 step header. The 1 step would've added $99 to the cost and the 2 step would've added another $199 on top of the $99 for the first step. When I called George to ask him about it, he said right away that it wasn't worth the money. In my application, it wouldn't be necessary.

In my opinion, that is huge when you are dealing with the main guy at a company and he turns your money down. He works very closely with you on your build and cares about how it fits and functions after the sale.

The headers are fully hand made and tig welded. Very heavy duty. Also, a lot of the Ford Lightning and late model Mustang guys run the Accufab throttle bodies and have very good luck with them and have good performance gains with his stuff.

So, back on topic. If his elbows are anything like his headers are, I'm sure they are top of the line and you won't be disappointed. If ya want, give George a ring and he'll answer any questions you have and won't give ya an B.S. just to sell a product.

Last edited:

altaford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Write up in the latest(I think) 8 Lug Diesel mag, they don't check power gains, but say they picked up almost 2 mpg on an otherwise stock engine.

vailcomp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Not by itself

Have had one on for 2 years- no gain in MPG (by itself)- I don't think it has hurt anything but going out to buy one and expecting an extra 2 MPG is nuts.
Looks nice I think the combination that I have installed has helped - all working together.
AFE II air box- Magnaflow TB exhaust- elbow- the truck runs real good- no programer-yet. Truck has 60,000 I get all around 16 mpg
2005 SD PSD 4x4 Crew.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I agree... I'll call BS on that too. No way will a friggin' elbow give you 2 MPG. Unless the factory one had a sock stuck in it or something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58