Adding Cab Clearance Lights

Metalhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to add clearance lights to my truck. I'm looking for the teardrop shape 5-light pattern to put on my truck. I'm looking to put ONLY the LED style on here. I can't find anything at local parts stores, and I want this to look good once I'm done. Has anyone got any suggestions for what kind of lights I should get?

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recon makes the LED clearance lights and they even have a kit with the wiring harness to plug in to the factory connector behind the passenger side kick panel. Check out Recon's website for more information.

Last edited:

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I bought 5 teardrop lights from Advance Auto Parts (maybe Car Quest) for about $5 each and ordered LED bulbs online for 2$ each. I made my own wire harness and plugged it into the plug behind the passenger kick panel. Very easy and a lot cheaper than any pre- made package.

Last edited:

BIGMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lights

Hello Metalhead,
I bought the Recon LED lights and they look good but there's no pattern so I had to do alot of measuring. If you have someone that has the lights on there truck I suggest you make a pattern if will make things easier and good luck.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Under the headliner is some holes and clips for the lights. That is what I used to set my light pattern to. It is pretty clear where they go after you pull down the headliner.

Dave

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
I am lookin at doing this some time in the near future as well. my question is why dont all our trucks have them?

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am lookin at doing this some time in the near future as well. my question is why dont all our trucks have them?

They are standard on a dually, optional on others. I did not think I liked them when I ordered mine, then started liking the look after, so bit the bullet and drilled.

Barrett

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not sure if it still is.. but the Cab & DOT lights under/on the tailgate was/is Required.. on 1 Ton.. and above trucks. DOT/ICC/NTSB stuff.

Joe

Metalhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. I went ahead and got a set of Recon LED lights on order. Looking forward to putting them on soon!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14