Adding more rear window tint

ISurvivedNMU

Reaction score
On of my biggest gripes about this truck is the light window tinting they put on the back window. So on Monday, I am going in to add anouther layer... The company says "Go Limo Tint" I think that will be too dark with the tint I already have...

What do you guys think... worst case I can open the electric window to back things up at night....

Anyone else added tint? :thanks :dunno :thanks

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I'll agree with ya on the "Privacy" glass from the factory isn't all that dark to my taste.

Since we have TT mirrors with our X the rear view mirror isn't used that much outside hanging credentials or ID badges on so we went ahead and installed 20% on the side windows and rear.

The darker windows make a heck of a difference comfort/AC wise and only get compliments from our passengers especially with the bright summer blazing Texas sun :sweet

Bill

ISurvivedNMU

Reaction score
Does the 20 make it hard to see out the back.. I use the rear view to see how far to put the boat traler in the water, or where the boat is at in comparison to the trailer.. To dark to do that in low light? the docks are lighted!...

I wish I could do the sides... Michigan does not allow me to.... Just the rear and rear sides...

CHPMustang

Reaction score
At night out the back thru rear view with 20% is pretty dark,have you checked out GaryT's backup lights on his rig? It could be an option to consider ;)

Installed Lights

ISurvivedNMU

Reaction score
Yeah, Im in process of making brackets for some piaa's im going to put back there....

My fear is that I will get it to dark... BUT i don't want it too light.. I only have one chance here, but the 20% is sounding good....

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I might re-do the back window on our X to 5% as we took on a window film scratch during the course of a recent Phoenix roadtrip,we(wife & I) never really had trouble backing up to trailers with the 20% on day or night.

The bright GaryT lights are sweet,just be sure to wear sunglasses when behind that puppy or any truck with equivelent lighting :D

If the film is too dark you can always go a shade lighter.

Bill

Swany

truck driver
Reaction score
I can't see crap out of my back windows at night, that's what mirrors are for!! Black it out, looks better that way!

I have to drop my backseat window to see anything at night, for backing up. You get used to it, go for it!

ISurvivedNMU

Reaction score
OK, so I go dark in the back... Now Im thinking about the rear side door windows... How does that hold up with the window going up and down... Does it scratch?

Swany

truck driver
Reaction score
ISurvivedNMU said:
OK, so I go dark in the back... Now Im thinking about the rear side door windows... How does that hold up with the window going up and down... Does it scratch?

get it done by a pro and you won't have to worry about it. I've had mine for almost 5 years, no scratches or anything. They still look nice and dark!!!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The back window's film got damaged during the Christmas 2003 trip to Phoenix when I had the back of the X loaded to the gills and I guess one of the kids bikes or something was leaning against the film :rolleyes:

I used to professionally install window film so it's pretty easy to get knocked out it's just a matter of the available time to me which is not much.

Bill

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58