Advertisement on the radio

drchris1024

SDD Security
Reaction score
Crumm said:
I run from Fairbanks to Deadhorse and there is zero coverage there. Here lately I have been renting book-tapes but they are getting old. As far as radio goes,(even if there were not so many adds)it runs out about two hours into the 12 hour drive. Tell me about these music kegs or high capacity Ipods???

An IPOD will hold 5000 to 10,000 songs and is no bigger than a deck of cards, it can play thru your tape deck or there are adapters for most stock stereos for better clarity. You can load all your existing CD's on to it and/or download songs for @ $1 give or take on the net, it is portable so you can take it out and use it in mutliple vehicles or as a walkman by plugging in headphones.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny.... I recorded a 2 hour movie on our Dish, DVR.... We Zapped thru the commercails.... 1 hour & 20 minutes of movie.... 40 minutes of Bla, Bla, Bla.... prolly an hour & 15 minutes of movie, 45 minutes of BLA, BLA, BLA by the time you figure in the Button Pushi'n Time....

The ONLY radio I listen to anymore is; Bob'n Tom, on my way to work. The rest is ALL ((( XM ))).

CHPMustang

Reaction score
BIG JOE said:
Funny.... I recorded a 2 hour movie on our Dish, DVR.... We Zapped thru the commercails.... 1 hour & 20 minutes of movie.... 40 minutes of Bla, Bla, Bla.... prolly an hour & 15 minutes of movie, 45 minutes of BLA, BLA, BLA by the time you figure in the Button Pushi'n Time....

The ONLY radio I listen to anymore is; Bob'n Tom, on my way to work. The rest is ALL ((( XM ))).
We've got Dish DVR also and what a timesaver that is :sweet

We're part of the XM Nation too :cool:

ISurvivedNMU

Reaction score
BUt XM has more ads ( for themselves) than I would like.... I seem to still get a DJ that wants to hear themselves talk?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Do any of you have Sirius? Is it about the same as XM, we have XM at work and I listen to it alot there but I have never got my ears on Sirius yet. Just curious.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
ISurvivedNMU said:
BUt XM has more ads ( for themselves) than I would like.... I seem to still get a DJ that wants to hear themselves talk?
Which channels are you experiencing these "more ads" on?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Do any of you have Sirius? Is it about the same as XM, we have XM at work and I listen to it alot there but I have never got my ears on Sirius yet. Just curious.
I actually have both services and can say Sirius has more repetition on their music channels than XM but the sound quality is just as good as XM music wise :sweet

If you're into "talk",sports,news and such go to Sirius :cool:

ISurvivedNMU

Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Which channels are you experiencing these "more ads" on?

16 is the worst... they have all kinds of thier own ads... Plus they put ads on about 11,12,and 13....

20 and 22 are also bad.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg